I had crazy insomnia last night. And so did Joe. I’m not sure what was going on with him. I just know I have been uber-stressed about some family issues and Joe starting a new class at daycare. Joe and I slept in until after 7. For all you Moms and Dads, it feels like college again! But I woke up really groggy and with an upset stomach. And I just DID NOT want to take Joe to school. So we BOTH got to have a reset day. What did we do?
- Watched 3 cartoons (1.5 hrs – judge away, I don’t care)
- Facetimed with Grandy (my mom)
- Read his Favorite book, Where’s My Mummy 3 times
- Chased each other around the house
- Played outside
- Played with his farm
- Played with his Construction, under the sea, and transportation puzzles
- Went grocery shopping at Publix
- Had a Chick Fil A lunch date (we did bring it home just because of the groceries)
- Had a nap strike, but I won. The car works every time!
Now I’m sitting here having a coffee, relaxing. It has been such a nice day. No stress. No worry. Just me and my sweet boy, #justjoe. It has been a while since I was able to just focus on him when we’ve been hanging out. I’ve been letting the weight of my stress and frustration and Business keep me from really enjoying him. I don’t know how he feels, but my heart is so full. This was just what I needed to help me reset. I hope he’s had fun too!
Now I’m really starting to understand what it means to Break Busy,. I don’t mean you have to use up all your leave or quit your job to accomplish it. But cleaning out the clutter of unnecessary stress, anxiety, and random (or maybe not random) things that waste your time and fill your heart with negativity. I’m really understanding some of the things I do are the things not benefiting my goals and are keeping me Busy,. This journey is going to be good!