Well, Happy New Year! We’re just starting our journey into 2017 and it’s about time I finish up my goal setting for the year. The last few months I have really ignored my study into goal setting. It’s time I get off to a good start!
1. Say “YES!” more – This is really an overarching goal for all aspects of my life. But, I really feel like it is mostly personal, because it has to do with overcoming my anxiety. The last couple years I am very quick to say, “No” to things – really anything, social events, kid events, work opportunities, fitness classes. If it’s not part of our family routine I have a really hard time saying yes. I get very anxious and overwhelmed. I over-analyze and over-emphasize the negative impacts of whatever the event is. It might mean I can’t get my meal planning done, or Joe is a little late for nap, or I won’t have time to do X, Y or Z. If I’m thinking about reaching out to someone, I always find a reason not to. I know that when I do say, “yes” and I go and do I have a good time and enjoy interacting with people and trying new things. So, it doesn’t mean I will say “yes” to EVERYTHING. But I will intentionally say “yes” and reach out to others more.
2. My biggest business goal is to be more consistent on the blog. Instead of trying to get you guys something every day (which is what I was trying to do in the beginning), I’ll try to get about 2 posts per week. This is more attainable right now. What kind of posts are YOU interested in seeing?
3. Stop hustling my Beachbody business. No that does not mean I’m not a coach anymore. And if you’re thinking about trying a Beachbody program, then I totally want to be your coach, your cheerleader, and your support. It just means I’m not going to do the social media hustle anymore. I need to be true to myself and my fitness journey. Then I can be a better coach! I’ll post what I’m doing, what I like/don’t like about it. And let me know if you want to join in!
4. Be more present with Joe in the afternoons. I so struggle with the work/family/life balance. I find that when we do get home in the afternoon, I tend to let the chores, social media, and to-do lists in my head overwhelm me and I’m not really as present as I would like to be. He’s growing up so fast and I don’t want to miss out anymore.
5. Figure out what we need to do to stay connected to each other in our hectic life. And then do that, regularly and often. You know how it is. Work, kids, make dinner, pack lunches, chores, etc. Then the alarm goes off and you say, “Oh hi there. How was your day yesterday? I forgot to ask”
6. Create a budget and stick to it. I’ve tried several things over the years, and I REALLY struggle with this. I’ve tried excel spreadsheets and Mint. Both I just didn’t keep up with it. If you have any methods or tools that work for you please let me know! For now I’ll be researching what might work for us.
What are your goals for this year? Or any lessons learned for last year?